How To Protect Your Lips in Summer?
The skin on our lips is one of the most sensitive yet neglected parts of our body. During summertime, lips tend to dry and dehydrate quickly due to excessive exposure to sun and dry winds. They become chapped, cracked, and prone to blisters. Severe neglect can even lead to bleeding. It is important to take care of your lips to prevent this discomfort.
Here are a few quick suggestions for healthy-looking lips;
Itchy or Burning Lips:
If you feel a burning sensation around your lips, the possibilities are they are highly chapped and suffering from sunburn. Unprotected exposure to UV rays and allergies can cause such conditions.
We have listed a few effective remedies to get rid of itchy and burning lips;
- Avoid licking and picking your lips.
- Use highly moisturizing oil or balm.
- Apply aloe vera gel to soothe the itchy & burning sensation.
- Use your favorite balm to soften your lips.
- In extreme pain or discomfort, apply medicated healing cream formulated explicitly for burning lips. It's better to consult your doctor before applying.
Fresh N Joy Lip Balm with Cocoa Butter Properties
Fresh N Joy Lip Balm with cocoa butter properties offers 24-hour moisturization. Cocoa butter has healing properties and is an efficient moisturizer for your itchy and burning lips.It’s formulated with natural, hydrating ingredients with no harmful chemicals. It melts into your skin at room temperature beyond the epidermis and adds a protective hydrating layer to your lips. Reapply as needed throughout the day for maximum hydration.
Sun Blisters are also known as fever blisters, water blisters, lip blisters, and cold sores. In summer, constant exposure to the sun is most likely to cause blisters, rashes, and other skin conditions. Protecting your lips from harmful rays is the foundation to avoiding the pain and discomfort these blisters cause. However, if you are suffering from lip blisters and need immediate attention, try any of the following quick remedies;
- Do not tear off the top of the bluster. It helps to keep it bacteria-free.
- Use hydrating lip balm.
- Consult the doctor for antibiotic cream or anti-inflammatory medicine to relieve pain and prevent the spreading of infection.
Fresh N Joy Lemon Honey Lip Balm keeps your lips hydrated all day and has antifungal properties. It helps fight pimples, acne, and blisters. Beeswax protects your lips from UV rays and sunburn.
Flaky lips are caused due to severe dehydration. Make sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Fresh juices like watermelon and strawberry have a high water content that helps your body function properly.
- Do not lick your lips.
- Apply your favorite lip balm a few times a day
- Drink water for hydration
- Massage your lips with ice to reduce swelling and stop bleeding. It also helps to relieve pain.
Fresh N Joy Lip Balm with Watermelon Extracts
Fresh N joy lip balm with watermelon extracts helps your lips to retain moisture level, hydrates, and prevents them from dehydrating. Moreover, it contains deep moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, and olive oil, providing immediate relief to dry, flaky lips.
Home Remedies for Soft and Healthy Lips:
A lot of people prefer home remedies to take care of their lips; therefore, we have mentioned a few helpful tips to take care of your lips;
- Apply turmeric or mix it with milk. Turmeric has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is beneficial for your body overall.
- Use a beetroot lip mask for natural-looking pink lips or drink beetroot juice to improve overall health.
- Use Sugar scrub instead of artificial scrubbers to get rid of dead skin.
- Apply honey and lemon juice mask for chapped lips
Don't forget to exfoliate your lips once or twice a week. Always apply sunscreen even when the weather is cloudy. Moisturize your lips and remove your makeup before going to bed.